Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Leap of Faith

A dilemma: Do I quit without an acceptable alternative or stay in a work situation that is harmful to my health?  The conservatives argue "wait until you find a job." But what happens if staying there is harmful to your health...your emotional well being...and you can't find a job.  What happens if you have a child?  What do you do? I'm almost finished a masters degree that prepares me for what?  At this point McDonald's seems like a good alternative.  Will I be the first masters student working at McDonald's? Do I let a job go and trust that another pops into my path? I'm setting the quitting date because now I'd rather work a minimum wage job than live through another day of my job.  I've lived on the street; I've eaten at the food bank.  It can be done.  Why would I risk my emotional and physical health at a job that treats me poorly? Do I make a leap of faith...quit without an another job...and trust that is the right move?

No comments:

Post a Comment