And so the deadline looms--June 15--and my final research project for my Masters degree still happens to be in the editing states. I admit that the final throes of the editing process eludes me; I'm on draft #200 and am growing weary of reading it. Yes, my professor warned that our chosen topic would wear us down--"so pick wisely," she said. I did. I'm done. I mean I'm done in my heart and head--just not on paper. Of what am I afraid? Completion? Forced to end a chapter and start another? Perhaps. I notoriously hate endings of things that I love. Why can't it go on forever? Maybe I'm not ready to move on. The date seemed so long ago when I arrived fresh faced and terrified of beginning a masters. So now I sit and play on twitter and my "Plants vs Zombies" game...anything but editing my final draft.
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Procrastination and Me
And so the deadline looms--June 15--and my final research project for my Masters degree still happens to be in the editing states. I admit that the final throes of the editing process eludes me; I'm on draft #200 and am growing weary of reading it. Yes, my professor warned that our chosen topic would wear us down--"so pick wisely," she said. I did. I'm done. I mean I'm done in my heart and head--just not on paper. Of what am I afraid? Completion? Forced to end a chapter and start another? Perhaps. I notoriously hate endings of things that I love. Why can't it go on forever? Maybe I'm not ready to move on. The date seemed so long ago when I arrived fresh faced and terrified of beginning a masters. So now I sit and play on twitter and my "Plants vs Zombies" game...anything but editing my final draft.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment